Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spending Your Time or Investing Your time?!

Today, being the first week of the year 2011, I picked up a new topic. I know what you are thinking. What has Time got to do with my business or career life? Great question! My answer is everything!
Did you know that God gives each one of us, the same number of hours per day everyday?  Have you ever wondered how in the same given number of hours, some will earn a measly 100 Dollars yet others will earn one Million Dollars a month? It doesn't matter if you are self employed or if you work for an employer, bottom-line is that we all trade our time in exchange for money. For those that work for someone else, working harder, learning more skills and becoming an asset to the company often lead to promotions and a higher salary. That equates to more money for the same amount of time isn't it?  Well, the same doesn't always hold true for the self employed.  After overcoming many start-up hiccups, and the fact that many small business go under within the first 3 years you find that  for those  that are survive, hard work pays off with increased earnings and more money for time spent working. Be they big or small, many businesses means several income streams.
It isn't about how many hours per week we work; it is about
how much money we make during that time that brings all difference in our earnings across the globe. Why is this so?  Well the answer can be summarized in this phrase.  'Some people  work hard, while others not only work hard…they Work Smart' which is why when you look at the FORBES list of the richest people in the World you'll find out why that one man's bid is another man's buy!
 One day I was working on a project and got stuck. I could see in my head where I wanted to be, but I could see that the current part of the project was taking rather longer then I wanted.
My choice was either keep plugging ahead or use efforts of others. And that is exactly what I did; I chose the latter!  After a couple of head longs I decided to stop working on the problem and pay some guys to fix it. If I had the time  in the world ,it would have been alright to keep going myself ,But with my limited time I figured it would be wise to pay someone to fix it while I concentrated on other core matters. It paid off dividends.  It's the amazing to see how the power of Leverage works.
 Talking of "Leverage", the famous Scientist Archimedes once said, "Give me a lever long enough and a place on which to put it, and I shall move the world". The use of automation or tools to become more efficient is the best way to make a hard job easier. It will take a lot of man-hours to cut your lawn with scissors, but a lawn mower will make the work easier and produce better results.
The same holds true for making money in business.  Leverage is a general term used for any technique applied to multiply gains. You've heard of leverage Business tools in finance, In other words, doing things that can be re-used to produce income in multiple niches.   The concept of leverage applies also in Network Marketing.  It's a scenario whereby one uses a few resources to achieve great output results. For instance mobilizing people who have what you don't have e.g. Time, Skills, Talents, money etc works like magic. In Network Marketing ,by employing the efforts of your down lines (Your human assets) in your Networks means that a small change in revenue generated by each individual worker will result in a larger change in operating income.
When you have to do it all by yourself, you are spending Time, but when you Recruit others and teach them to do what you do to work under you, you are Investing Your Time. This is in other words to say that you are duplicating yourself through others. This is exactly what network Marketing is all about…  Yes! Duplicating yourself through others.  Research has found out that:-
"Wealth is hidden to those who have to do it all by themselves".
"Wealth exposes itself to those you are keen enough to teach others"
Obviously, you got to keep working or the Bills won't get paid. Whether you Work hard or you Work Smart, is a matter of Choice!
 amwalii@hotmail.com

No comments: